There’s been a renewed curiosity about Absinthe liquor around the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in numerous countries. Absinthe, also referred to as www.absinthe-liquor.com the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, merely has been legal in the USA since 2007, and only certain brands may be sold, so there is much interest in the liquor in the US.
Precisely What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit that was made for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It has become popular in Switzerland and France within the 19th and early 20th centuries and even overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is usually made from a wine base and it’s flavored with herbs. Its major herbal ingredients are normal wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), that gives Absinthe its name and its particular bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs used in the production of Absinthe include hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are many different types of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This can be the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and taken by artists and writers including Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also referred to as La Blanche. It is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are standard Absinthes but this term describes “Absinths” that are actually wormwood bitters and don’t have an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe that has a sweeter flavor because it is made out of Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe carries a naturally red colorization due to the added ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many kinds and fashions of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics which are based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
In addition to buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, you can also create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences on the Absinthe industry and to consumers. They create 4 different essences – an existing green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence which makes an Absinthe with a more robust bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange distinctive flavored essence which is flavored with orange oil and makes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are created using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you need not be worried about distilling, simply order online and then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own personal wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of well-known Absinthe glasses and spoons such as the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is an extremely strong liquor, as much as 75% alcohol by volume, and is also much stronger than whisky or vodka. Care ought to be taken when taking in such a strong spirit particularly when it is being mixed with other strong spirits in cocktails – it’s very simple to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are several myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it comes with a very colorful and interesting background and is a beautiful beverage to enjoy.